Breast Cancer Risk Quiz
Are you at heightened risk of breast cancer?
Take our quiz and see.
- Do you have a close family history of breast cancer (eg mother, sister or daughter with breast cancer). Y/N
- Are you overweight? Y/N
- Are you considered tall? Y/N
- Do you drink more than one standard unit of alcohol a day? Y/N
- Are you post menopausal? Y/N
- Are you a current or previous smoker? Y/N
- Do you fail to exercise regularly? Y/N
- Have you been told you have “dense” breasts? Y/N
- If you are eligible for your bi-annual mammogram have you missed it recently? Y/N
- Do you currently have a breast lump, area of thickening, dimpling, puckering or redness, nipple discharge, nipple itchiness, new nipple inversion or persistent breast pain? Y/N
If you answered yes to any of the following questions you are at increased risk of breast cancer.
Whilst many factors can’t be changed such as age, menopause and family history, increasingly lifestyle factors such as alcohol, smoking and obesity can impact your personal breast cancer risk significantly.
For instance, the risk of post-menopausal breast cancer increases 6% for each 5kg increase in weight.
One standard alcoholic drink a day ups the risk of breast cancer by 7 per cent, compared to women who never drink alcohol,
And women who do low-key physical activity such as housework, walking or occupational exercise have a 13% lower risk of post-menopausal breast cancer than non exercisers.
Enter your details below today for a personalised consult and risk assessment with Dr Cheung.